• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

KYLaw & Possession of Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BIGC6466

Kentucky- My 22 year old son came home this morning with a ticket in hand. This ticket was from the Campbell County Police Dept. The ticket is for possession of marijuana, violation code 42331,Statute/ORD 218A.1422. According to this ticket he is to appear in court.
The post arrest/complaint is as follow:
Above subject was located inside the above residence. Officers were on scene reference the smell of marijuana. Subject furnished a small bag of green leafy substance from his pants pocket. Substance believed to be marijuana. Subject cited and released. Evidence to be tested at CCPD HQ.
I'm wondering how much trouble is he in and do I need to retain a lawyer. This is his first charge for possession of marijuana, but he does have 2 misdemeanors for non drug related charges.

gapinky

marijuna

my son was just pulled over on friday with possession less than an oz he too has to apperar in court on the 7th, he is 18 we just retained a lawyer because we do not want this on his record, he is going to school to become a teacher and with this on his record he will not beable to get any government job, so for us a lawyer is the best way hoping to keep it from going on his record. he did ask us if my son had any record at all and thank god he does not because the lawyer told us if he does the judge may look at this a being part of a pattern and could serve timeso if i were you i would just go talk to a lawyer, then you will have an idea what to do it is so difficult at this age we try to teach our kids what is right but we cant be with them all the time, best of luck to you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">