• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LA County paperwork filed, court monday, change of custody, evaluation asked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1redhead

custody, LA County paperwork filed, court monday, change of custody, evaluation asked

What is the name of your state?CA
I am wanting to know if anyone can help with what paperwork to file in LA county, the clerk would not tell me anything. I hope we are filing the right paperwork. WE want the Judge to see the things things the other party is not abiding by and the way the child is being raised. We want to file for an ex parte change of custody and evaluation or assesment for where is teh best place for the child. We are goint to bring in all the school records the school sent us, her state testing, phone records and documetns of no return calls, no school info ever sent, police record of other party threatning to kill step parent.

Any advice on what to file, what to say, what to ask for? Daughter lives 45 minutes away now, used to live 3 hours away. Failed 3 years school, held back this year, state testing is rated far below basic, lives in a home with mother new step parent, his 2 kids, and his mother that has dimensia and alzheimerz (sp?) and the bio mother work 24 hours a day as a job taking care of her. The mother also has 2 other kid of her own----all teenagers. and she is pregnant.

She doesnot return phone calls, almost 4 weeks before we have spoken to daugther. PArent ALientaion, tell daughter bad things about fahter, step dad telling abd things about father, tell daughter she can not call father, even took away journal dad gave her with his number in it.

He will be going to court alone and I am trying to get all paperwork in order for him and dont want to miss anything, they will through it out if he doesnt file the right things. And our legal aid said every county is different.
They arent sure how LA does things, right now we see daughter first half of summer and then not again until Thanksgiving or Christmas---changes with the year. That is a long time for parent and child to not be able to visit and share in life together.

As per advice before, we will be filing contempt (thanks, we didnt know and would not of done that)
Do you file that everytime an order is not obeyed--just to be on record or do you file it when there is a court date?
Also filing ex parte order for change of custody and visitation order and askign for evaluation. Thanks

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">