• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laid Off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joelsim

Until about 2 weeks ago, I was working for an inpatient psychiatric hospital where I was hired in August, 99 as a treatment coordinator. Originally they had contacted me for a casemanagement position and I informed them with over 20 years in the field, I was not interested in casemanagement. In discussion with the hospital Administrator (my supervisor), I was hired to develop a specific program at the hospital. I have a signed job description that details the position I was hired to do. In response to growing financial concerns, the administrator assigned me to a unit in the hospital in a position that was not only very different from my job description but was in fact, a casemanagement position. When I complained that what I was hired to do and what I am in fact doing are not similar, she laid me off. In addition, she has on a number of occasions hugged me and has made comments regarding my haircut. These have both been in public and private. It has been suggested to me that I have possibly been subject of sexual harrassment and that my termination may also be do to a lack of response on my part. The psychiatric hospital is owned by another hospital and is a not-for-profit with a board of directors.
1) Do I have possible legal cause?
2) If so, who would the action be against?

A

Attorney_Replogle

I don't see that your termination was unlawful. Your contract stated the position but not a guaranteed length of time that you would have the job, or that you could only be terminated for cause. However, you may want to speak to a labor law attorney near you to get a second opinion. You can find one at attorneypages

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">