• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lana - EB2 experience

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH

Hi Lana,

I have done my BS (Information Tech Engineering) in May 2002 and then had worked as a Lecturer(Faculty) in Information Technology department of Engineering colleges for about 1.3 yrs (15 Months) in My native country. And then after that I have about 52 months of progressive IT Industry experience. Am I eligible to file my GC under EB2 provided my employer is ready to create a job position for EB2.

Does the company size, revenue or employee's salary matters for EB2?

Thanks a lot for your kind help!

- Regards,
OH -User


Senior Member
In order to determine whether your education and work experience would qualify for EB2, you need to get your credentials evaluated by a c ompany that does such evaluations. If the result is an equivalent of a master's degree and provided the job position offered to you requires at least a master's degree or its equivalent, then you can proceed with the EB2 filing.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.


Junior Member
Lana : EB2

Hi Lana,

Thanks a ton for your quick response!

So practically it is possible to club IT Lecturer + IT Industry experience for counting BS + 5 years progressive exp

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential