• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lana Help!! I have Marriage Certificates & I want to change my maiden name!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? CA

Hi I got married 2 months ago, the problem its,that I want to change my maiden name, but I have my H1B visa under my maiden name, what should I do?, he has too a H1b visa, so its not change of status, only my last name?
Please Lana give me a hand with that.


Senior Member
I would not do anything with the H-1B approval until it is time to either extend your stay or change employers.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential