• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Land contract forfeiture in Michigan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GraystoneManor

What is the name of your state? Michigan. I sold my house on a land contract in August 2019 they have missed one payment getting payments is like pulling teeth always late. They flooded the basement destroying furnace and hot water heater. the taxes are behind and no insurance. I sent them a notice of forfeiture giving them 15 days to fix. Now its time to file summons and complaint. How will this go in court.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Michigan. I sold my house on a land contract in August 2019 they have missed one payment getting payments is like pulling teeth always late. They flooded the basement destroying furnace and hot water heater. the taxes are behind and no insurance. I sent them a notice of forfeiture giving them 15 days to fix. Now its time to file summons and complaint. How will this go in court.
What is your question?
Has an attorney been involved in this situation?

Just Blue

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/land-contract-forfeiture.645680/

Is this the same contract issue ?

quincy

GraystoneManor, you apparently went to court on February 1, 2018, over a land contract sale that went bad, and had another court date scheduled for March 27, 2018. You were able to regain possession of the property from the people who were purchasing it on land contract?

You have now sold other property on land contract in August 2019, and are having the same problem with these new occupants that you had with the buyers of your commercial property?

You have also reported problems collecting rent from tenants.

If you are able to get your property back again, I suggest you hire a professional real estate agent to handle any future sale. You might want to avoid selling on land contract. And you might want to screen your renters and buyers better.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">