• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Land Lord Wants Insurance In WA State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nealr

I'm in Washington State. My land lord has sent us a notice that because we have a dog we are required to get $500,000 liability insurance, and add him as insured also. Only because we have a dog. I currently have renters insurance that covers $100,000 liability for me. Can he do this? This sounds like making me pay for his insurance.

I also fear that if I refuse or fight him on it he will get the insurance and pass the cost on to me in the form of rent. Any help? :(

N

nealr

I'm on an month to month after the original lease was satisified, about three years ago. The dog was allowed in the original lease with a pet deposit and an increase of rent because of the dog.

HomeGuru

Yes, L can ask you to pay for the required insurance. L can say, pay the isnurance or move out since you have no fixed lease.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">