• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Land Patent and easements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phillpharm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I have a Land Patent for my land. The township and a cemetery association have brought a law suit against me and my neighbors to gain access to a land locked cemetery adjacent to my property. Does my Land Patent afford me any protection to a forced easement or Eminent Domain. My title search has shown that their was never an easement established for this previously abandoned cemetery. The cemetery association was appointed trustee of the cemetery a few years ago, even though they had no way to access or maintain the cemetery.

FlyingRon

Land patents do give you more protection, but it's not a sure thing. This is involved and needs specialized legal assistance.

rowz

I would try to ggogle "Land Patent Lawyer in [YourCounty] Michigan".

Perhaps a large local area library that has a law library and its librarian would be a resource to find land patent cases in the last 5 or 10 years and see who the lawyers involved were.

thats where I would try.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">