• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlady refuses to renew lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

johnecobb

My landlady has put the house up for sale that I am renting from her. We are wanting to buy it but are running into credit difficulties and was told that we may be able to buy it come Feb. Anyways, she sent a certified letter stating that she wishes not to renew our lease come Feb. 1st and wants us to vacate. The thing is my wife is 2 months pregnate (due July 2nd). Can she lawfully do this seeing that my wife has a medical condition? We gave no reason for her to evict us. (rent paid on time...property well taken care of ect.)

HomeGuru

If you are not an a fixed lease, L has a right to terminate your lease upon proper notice. She does not need a reason to terminate the lease and the law does not protect tenants from eviction due to a medical condition.

I suggest you read the L/T laws that apply in your State, whichever State it is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">