• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlocked?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

packhouse

What is the name of your state? CA
My parents gave us 10 acres adjoining their 10 acres. The gifted 10 acres to us has it's own easement but, the county will not let us put a road on it because of elavation issues. They will not let us put a road on anything more then a 30% grade. Our easement is on a mountain side with about a 50% grade or even more. I have asked my parents if I could use their road to access our property and they said no..because we would have to drive in front of their house and this will cause them to have no privacy. My question is...since their private road is the only way to access our 10 acres and they have not given us permission...are we landlocked? And if so...isn't there such a thing called "easement necessity" ?
Thank you,
Dennis and Heidi

HomeGuru

packhouse said:
What is the name of your state? CA
My parents gave us 10 acres adjoining their 10 acres. The gifted 10 acres to us has it's own easement but, the county will not let us put a road on it because of elavation issues. They will not let us put a road on anything more then a 30% grade. Our easement is on a mountain side with about a 50% grade or even more. I have asked my parents if I could use their road to access our property and they said no..because we would have to drive in front of their house and this will cause them to have no privacy. My question is...since their private road is the only way to access our 10 acres and they have not given us permission...are we landlocked? And if so...isn't there such a thing called "easement necessity" ?
Thank you,
Dennis and Heidi
**A: sue your parents for access using the easement by neccessity. The next time they give you land, tell them that they have to give you access as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">