• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord files ch. 7, what happens to tenant??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Irishlve

I live in Florida and pay my rent on time along with all of our other bills and now I find out 2 weeks prior to her court date that my landlord ( who now rents in a diff part of fl.) is filing bankruptcy. From what I have been told, the court can take her house because it is no longer her primary address and what about her homestead that she is on now.?? The court has appointed a trustee to appraise and inspect the house. Now what happens to us (the tenant) who has paid 1st,last, sec on house that she owns?.. How long will we have to look for another place??
Thanks for reading.....

I am not a junior member.. dont know where that came from.
LOL

D

djdj

I would suggest seeing a lawyer tomorrow..call your local bar association, and most places will do a consultation for $25 to 50.....

But no matter what NO ONE can evict you without a court order...as long as you have a lease, then you can present you reciepts to a judge and most likely he lets you not pay the last two months,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">