• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord harassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NH

Our lease is up, and we are now on a month to month.

(trying to keep this short sweet and simple)....

The landlord has refused to give us an address to mail the rent payments too. He wants to come by and pick them up. This hasn't been a problem up until the last 2-3 months. For example: LL tells me he will be coming by on Saturday at 3 pm. We explain that is fine but that we do have plans for Sunday and will NOT be home. He doesn't show and we can't get ahold of him. No return phone call nothing on Saturday. Sunday while we aren't home he will call but leave no message, and has even gone so far as to call our cell phone and inform us we need to return now so he can pick up the rent payments. This is just flat out annoying to say the least. I refuse to change my plans so he gets mad because apparently we are suppose to wait around 2-3 weekends/weeks until he decides to actually show up.

Fast forward to this weekend. Again same thing occurs. Called the cell phone yesterday. LL was informed he could come over later this week as unfortunately our schedules do not allow for LL to just "randomly" decide to show up. He was asked to be more prompt, and to pick up the rent when he says he will.

Today LL called, and was ranting and raving. I informed him that he would need to speak with DH about this at this point as I was not going to continue the conversation until he(LL) calmed down. (He was peeved at the fact we were not at home the previous day, even though he was to be here on Saturday. It must be nice to believe the world revolves around you!). I told him that DH would call him back in a half hour -45 minutes.

Well DH called the landlord back, and got a voice mail so he left a message. At around 6 pm he called back here, (side note: I had DH take the money with him because I REFUSE to deal with "temper tantrum throwing man"). The landlord began ranting and raving that there was no message left (yes there was), and where was he (meaning DH) etc. I explained that DH was at work, and LL asked if DH had the cell phone. I stated that yes DH did however, being in the building it probably did not have service so leave DH a message and he can call you back in the morning. LL asked when he'd be getting out of work.....and I told the LL I thought it was 2am. He then stated that that was fine he would be calling the house and the cell after 2am until DH spoke to him!

An hour later I recieved a call informing me that within 10 minutes he had called the cell phone 4 times and did NOT leave a message.

What can we do if anything about this?? I am going to scream if the man calls after 2am.

(I hope this makes sense its late and I am roasting!)

*Edited because after reading that I was confused. Thanks for pointing that out ec! I hope this makes more sense.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">