• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord is entering property without notice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vibrant_butrfly

Virginia
My landlord has been entering the back yard of the property to get some fruit off of the trees. He hasn't given any notice for any of the times he did this. One day i came home and found the back yard gate open and he was back there with his van, picking all of the fruit off of the trees. Another time he came to my door and asked me to move my car so he could get his van back there. He also asked me if i would let 3 of his other tenants back there (which all happen to live next door) to also get some of the fruit.
The other thing, is that with no notice he knocks on the door and expects to do maintance work that day!!! When he does try and give me notice he never shows up and i have to call the agency which he goes through and leave a message. Which then he shows up again with no notice. I have checked and the law in my state say that he has to give me 24 hour notice. What can i do about getting him to follow this with out feeling weird evertime he does maintance???? And is he allowed to enter the back yard with out notice??

M

michael parks

do you have to maintain the tree? trim it fetilize or water it out of your pocket?

so go out there today and grab some fruit for yourself the tree comes with your lease so it really is your fruit...

but if you didnt care, then the landlord grabbed it before it went bad...tough luck!

L

LINKINPARKSGIRL

Hello- my landlord does the same exact thing except he comes to my house to water the plants and stuff, the other day he came and pulled into the back of my house took my garden hose and proceeded to wash his truck!!!!!!! i went to take pictures but my camera had no batteries. he will look like an ******* in court if you take pictures of him in your backyard picking apples, make sure he sees you taking pictures that might make him uncomfortable enough to stop.............

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">