• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord Is'nt Cashing My Checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wisenheimer

What is the name of your state? California

I know that may sound like a "good problem", but my problem is that I've already spent some of that money, and I'm worried that they will soon cash my checks that would have been good, but now are not...What should I do? And how long can a landlord hold a rent check without cashin it?

Veronica1228

Wisenheimer said:
What is the name of your state? California

I know that may sound like a "good problem", but my problem is that I've already spent some of that money, and I'm worried that they will soon cash my checks that would have been good, but now are not...What should I do? And how long can a landlord hold a rent check without cashin it?
Why would you spend money that you didn't have? That is not a smart thing to do. Technically checks are stale dated after six months, but your bank can decide to go ahead and pay them well after that. You'd better get money in your bank pronto.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">