• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord neglect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aliali

Dear Sir/Madame:

before i signed my one year lease, i asked the manager if the tenants who live above were noisy. he said they are not, and said he will handle it if so. i asked for a 6 mo. lease, and if it is not noisy, i will extend it. he said no.
after a few weeks upon living there, the tenant above had parties after 11:00pm, made considerable noise after 2:00am on many occasions, and did not cease with the noise after repeatedly requesting it. the manager was unable to stop it either.so i moved to another unit in same building, and soon after moving, the man above my new unit complained about me making noise during the day and he and his wife were hostile and noisy ever since. since i have had bad luck with living here, and the landlord does nothing to stop it, and i have lost MUCH sleep due to the noises,can i break my lease? i have called the police, but the noise did not stop.
is there ANYTHING i can do? maybe a noise ordinance ctr?
i am losing much sleep.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">