• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord not complying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sherzam

[Boca Raton, FL]I am one of two tenants leasing a house for a 1 year term. The landlord...

a)has not supplied a formal lease to me, after repeated requests. Land Lord claims he faxed a copy but we never received it. I have no idea of what is contained in my lease for the year.
b)house needs water tank replaced, water is discolored and we have been warned by a state certified plumber that there probably will be future complications, as a plastic part is corroded and may block water flow further, and break off in pieces, maybe even come out the faucets.
c)Landlord has not supplied us with a garage remote or a gate transponder for our community. Also he has not supplied a key for our garden gate, to open the lock. All after repeated requests.
D)Landlord promised professional garden service, yet arrives often to trim the lawn himself. Grass is constantly LONG! We feel this is imposing.
E) During walk through to check for damages or defects in the house, landlord waved it off with his hand, saying he would not worry about it at all.(small defects, scratches etc.)
F)Landlord persistently harrasses by phoning before rent monies are due.
G)Un-announced, landlord wants to collect fruit from tree on property.

We are two weeks into rental period, have paid $950 deposit, $1700 last month, and $1700 first month rental. We are looking to vacate the property by 15th of July, what period of written notice is required, taking into consideration all of the circumstances.

please reply asap, sorry so long

Sherri

D

dj1

Not again some more stupid tenants......

YOU give someone HOW MUCH MONEY? lets see $4350 and YOU LEAVE WITHOUT A SIGNED LEASE......

So leave on the 15th, you dont need the money anyway if the landlord is such a REDNECK JERK!

Cvillecpm

You guys have more money than brains....move on the 15th and learn from your mistakes. You let the landlord take advantage of you. Renting is a business - his and yours. Next time, get a copy of the lease, read the lease and don't sign anything you don't receive a copy of at the time of signing.....

S

Sherzam

re: your replies

Thank you for prompt attention. We were not so stupid, we did sign a memorandum to enter into a lease and an addendum thereto. Both stated the terms some monies were just made avaialable to them later. Does this change your opinion?

So legally they cannot come after us?
What about the other situations.. water, lack of access etc.
Thanx
Sherri

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">