• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord Obligation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

infouser33

What is the name of your state? Colorado

Does a landlord have any type of obligation to notify a tenant when they are going to temporarily shut off the tenant's water/electricity?

HomeGuru

infouser33 said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

Does a landlord have any type of obligation to notify a tenant when they are going to temporarily shut off the tenant's water/electricity?
**A: yes, and why do you ask?

I

infouser33

Because over the last few weeks on multiple occassions I have woken up and the water is shut off to my apartment. When I get home from work it is back on, but they have failed notified me on any occassion that the water is going to be shut off in advance. They are doing some construction and I am sure that is the root cause, but I was wondering if they are required to notify the tenants that the water is going to be shut off?

HomeGuru

infouser33 said:
Because over the last few weeks on multiple occassions I have woken up and the water is shut off to my apartment. When I get home from work it is back on, but they have failed notified me on any occassion that the water is going to be shut off in advance. They are doing some construction and I am sure that is the root cause, but I was wondering if they are required to notify the tenants that the water is going to be shut off?
**A: ok, L has an obligation to notify but there is no law requiring L to do so in this case as it does not affect you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">