• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NH

Ok I made a post earlier about the actions of the landlord. Anyway what it boils down too is instead of picking up the rent he slammed a demand and notice to quit on our door. Now he has picked it up from day one and the only address we have on file for him is OUR address (makes no sense) so we haven't be able to mail it.

We have tried to contact him unsucessfully. He doesn't return our calls, and thats the only way we know to contact him.

I believe he just really wants us gone and is going to every possible length to do so.

He has threatened to come over/call after 2am.
Played 20 questions right down to asking me if DH still lived here and if I am pregnant again. (I have 3 children living here with a 4th on the way according to housing we are in ample housing).
He was made aware that the window is broken in the master bedroom from day one (walk through) and we have asked him numerous times when that was going to be fixed.
Its still not fixed.
Theres a bug problem hes been made aware of (bamboo growing outside is breeding its own breed of somethings)....and he won't do anything about that.
We found out that he entered our apt. during a time we went on vacation. There was no emergency.
He has come over to pick up the rent, on Sunday after telling us he would be here on Saturday, and we informed him that Saturday was good but Sunday was not.
He called us both Sunday's and demanded we drop what we were doing to come pay him the rent, even though he was late.
He also refused to take our payment last month until we paid him a late fee (for his not showing up on time?).

Is this harassment?
Should I contact anyone? If so who?
He is planning to evict us and we are preparing to move, because of the harassment. We do have his money here for August., and have had it. We plan to hold back Septembers as well.
What rights do we have?
Any suggestions?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">