• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

girdie2004

Hi, I have 2 questions, my landlord has not repaired the appliances
, and I believe has no intention to do so, she lives in another state and communication is coming to a standstill. Appliances are included in the lease agreement. The other issue we have, she is holding the security deposit in another state, which is illegal. Would this be grounds to break the lease? I cannot afford an attorney at this time, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Have you notified the LL about the appliances in writing (not email/text/telephone call)?

I don't believe the security deposit matter allows you to break the lease, but the same question would apply regarding notifying the LL.

girdie2004

Have you notified the LL about the appliances in writing (not email/text/telephone call)?

I don't believe the security deposit matter allows you to break the lease, but the same question would apply regarding notifying the LL.
Thank you, I will be sending her a written letter regarding the issue, hopefully, I get somewhere. It's a good thing this lease is only a year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">