• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord Refusing to Release Rental Information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thirdvert

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

So I am getting married in October. My fiance is currently living in a rent house with 2 other roommates. There lease had been up for renewal earlier this year. They requested a six month lease to correspond with my fiance and I's wedding, so that she could move out and the 2 remaining roommates could decide at that point whether they wanted to stay. That request was denied. The property owner would only do a 12 month lease. They then asked if they could sub-lease, since there lease agreement says they can as long as it is approved by the property owner. The leasing company wrote back, "I spoke with the landlord concerning your request to sublease. The landlord has denied that request but has recommended a tenant modification. We can remove one tenant and add another tenant to the lease. The new tenant would have to be approved by the landlord." "The tenant modification can be done anytime during your lease. The approval process would be the same." So now my fiance and I have submitted applications for a new apartment and the Leasing company for her current rent house is refusing to release her rental history. At this point she is not yet even asking for her name to be removed from the lease. We just need her history so that the application can go through.

What options do we have?
The landlord and leasing company had an understanding that she would be leaving at this time because we are getting married. And we have all of these communications recorded in email.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">