• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GGurian

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? California

My new tenents moved in 9/1- they already had a hugh fight, disrupted the neighbors and one of them was thrown in jail. They have lied to me and are no longer trusted. They signed a 1 yr lease last week but, I want them out. What are the landlords rights? Is the lease active right away or is there a grace period? Please help!

BL

GGurian said:

My new tenents moved in 9/1- they already had a hugh fight, disrupted the neighbors and one of them was thrown in jail. They have lied to me and are no longer trusted. They signed a 1 yr lease last week but, I want them out. What are the landlords rights? Is the lease active right away or is there a grace period? Please help!
What does you lease state ?

Have you even looked up California Landlord tenat Law before posting here .

A one time insident may Not give you grounds to evict .

south

Yep there is a grace period as long as they have only been settled in a few weeks you can throw them out :rolleyes:

I think now I have read it all...

I suggest if you want to be a landlord you buy your self a Landlord Tenant Law book.

GGurian said:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">