• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord says my mom can't visit...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tryan21

What is the name of your state? Arizona

My landlord says that I can't have my Mom or her boyfriend come on the property to visit. Now, the reason he's saying this is because they were living on the property (a different house), but were evicted. A week after they got evicted they came and stayed at my house for the weekend. Well some how he had found out. He came over and told me that they could'nt be there. He had also told me that he will evict me if they are on the property again. I was just wondering if this was legal? Can he keep my mother from comming over? And if they do come over can I be evicted?

Thanks,
Tara

HomeGuru

tryan21 said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

My landlord says that I can't have my Mom or her boyfriend come on the property to visit. Now, the reason he's saying this is because they were living on the property (a different house), but were evicted. A week after they got evicted they came and stayed at my house for the weekend. Well some how he had found out. He came over and told me that they could'nt be there. He had also told me that he will evict me if they are on the property again. I was just wondering if this was legal? Can he keep my mother from comming over? And if they do come over can I be evicted?

Thanks,
Tara
**A: and I bet your Mom and her boyfriend still owe rent money etc.

dequeendistress

Was your parent trespassed from the property?

What are the lease provisions on guests/visitors or providing accomodations for boarders/lodgers?

T

tryan21

HomeGuru; what does that have anything to do with my question? I would like if you could keep your opinions to yourself considering that your answers help none. Thanks!

On the other hand... dequeendistress; the only thing my lease says about guests is "you are responsible for your own guests", but that doesn't clarify things much. Also I don't think that they were trespassed from the property. And thank you for a mature, reasonable reply!

N

no lawyer here

Re: Re: Landlord says my mom can't visit...

HomeGuru said:
**A: and I bet your Mom and her boyfriend still owe rent money etc.
Another fine answer from Home DoDo. Whoops, a typo.

S

squeak_D

You have to look at your lease, and see what it says about visitors. Here's an example. This is what I have in my lease that's given to my tenants. "Owner reserves the right to control and limit the entry upon the premises, by agents, furniture movers, delivery drivers, solicitors, and or salespersons who seek to enter upon the residence." Personally I wouldn't bar a parent from the property unless I had good reason to do so. Was your landlord also your mother's landlord at one time (considering the house is on the property)???

dequeendistress

Squek-E

Please read the posts all of your questions are already answered.

Tryan, What did your landlord state as the basis s/he would use for the eviction?

T

tryan21

dequeendistress said:
So what did the landlord tell you when you inquired as to why you would be evicted if parent stays at your home?
He didn't give me any good reason. Actually he gave me no reason at all, he just kept yelling "I don't want them on the property, if you can't keep them off then your evicted!". That's why I'm wondering if he's allowed to legally do this, because he would'nt give me a reason.

T

tryan21

dequeendistress said:
Was your parent present when the owner of the property exclaimed "I don't want them on the property?"

My Mother was, but her boyfriend was not.

HomeGuru

Re: Re: Re: Landlord says my mom can't visit...

no lawyer here said:
Another fine answer from Home DoDo. Whoops, a typo.
**A: too funny. The more no brain here writes, the more it shows what an idiot she is.

HomeGuru

tryan21 said:
HomeGuru; what does that have anything to do with my question? I would like if you could keep your opinions to yourself considering that your answers help none. Thanks!

**A: if you had the legal experience and knowledge that I have, you would surely know that there is a relationship to what I posted to your question.
The issue involves real estate private property rights and trespassing.
Nuff sed.

N

no lawyer here

Re: Re: Re: Re: Landlord says my mom can't visit...

HomeGuru said:
**A: too funny. The more no brain here writes, the more it shows what an idiot she is.
A: Good for you, now go back to kissing your husband.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">