• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord selling condo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jld0617

Hi,

I live in Florida and i have a question about leases. My landlord has just listed our condo that we are renting from him on the market to sell.We have a lease signed through Nov of 2007 to live here.Now i read some other posts and wanted to make sure that i am correct that when he sells the condo he is also selling the lease to the potentional new owners.If that is correct does he need to notify them that the place is already rented till Nov.Any advice would be helpful and thanks.

jld0617

nothing in there about selling the condo or terminating the lease early other than for non payment. it has something in ther ethat in teh last 30 days of our lease if we decide not to resign for another that he can put signs in the window and show the place that is it.

Ozark_Sophist

Your landlord would not be "selling" the lease to the new owners, but the new owners would assume the lease and whatever security deposit you made in an escrow account. The new owner may buy out your lease if you agree.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">