• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord Selling Rental House

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cate

What is the name of your state? NJ
I moved in 6 months ago with my daughter. I had expressed interest to landlord to buy the house if he ever decided to sell it. Two weeks ago, the landlord informed me that he is selling the house. I asked for the sale price so I could buy the house. The landlord does not want to sell it to me. Do I have rights regarding buying my rental residence? Yes, I can afford the house. I pay my rent on time. I don't understand why he won't sell it to me? He has given me no reason.

Gadfly

Do you have any kind of agreement either in your lease or a stand alone agreement that puts you in front of other buyers?

DON'T START. :eek:
Oppppppps, LOL... sorry about that. :D I mean, money is money and if they can afford the house, why wouldn't the home owner sell it to them? There has to be a valid reason. If the person is a single female with a child... could be a matter of discrimination. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">