• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LANDLORD/tENANT iSSUES!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mya Williams

What is the name of your state? california
The landlord of my complex just brought this property 2 months ago.Raise the rent 20% of what is was before,Put locks on the waterholes outside.She refuse to return her messages to the tenants,And is not addressing the tenants complaints regarding the unit.She gave me a 30 day notice on 4th of july for exercising my renter rights can she do that?

FarmerJ

Mya what had happend that you say your LL gave you notice when you exorcised a right ? mya also are you a month to month tenant ?

abezon

Do you have a written lease? The new LL can't raise the rent until the current lease expires. Also check local rent control ordinances to see if a 20% increase is legal.

what the heck is a waterhole & how does one lock it? Does this cut off your water supply? Does your lease say you get access to the waterholes?

California has some pretty tenant-friendly laws. Check with your local tenants' association or legal clinic (or library) for more info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">