• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LANDLORD \ TENANT ISSUES

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CUCA7835

I resently moved to fresno,ca.rental was &750.00.I paid $430.00 for repairs &for hauling 6 loads of trash.my landlords had promised to do this but never called or came by.the reason I paid someone is because the last tenants
har roches,&with all that trash there I wasn't getting rid of them.this lady wants me to give her 480.00 now &never mind that I paid to get the trash out of her rental.
can she do this??

D

dj1

When you do things like this......you do them assss backwards.

You should have given and mailed a certified leteer stating the place is a mess and the landlord is resonsible for the removal of trash and if its not done in 3 days you will call someone and deduct it from the rent.

Now the landord did not authorize you to repair anything and removing the trash..why didnt you just leave at the curb? The landlord would have been fined!

And you would not be out any money.

Cvillecpm

DJ is wrong......again.

DJ is incorrect. In CA, you do have the right to REPAIR and deduct under certain circumstances and this is not one of them. You should have continued to request that the items be removed and if they were not, had the city/county cite the property owner for the unsightly mess. This goes on their tax bill - city/county removes it with no mess/hassle to you and no threat to your continued tenancy or landlord-tenant relationship. You need to check your rights under CA law.....www.tenantsunion.org/directory

P

patti15214

landlord/gas usage

my land lord wants me to pay her budget which is $292.00 but i didn't use that gas it was from other tenents that lived here before me my usage was only $42.00.please tell me what i should [email protected]

D

dj1

a landlord cannot make you pay for someone elses utilities.

Pay only the $42

Unless the landlord agrees in writing that if you pay the other $250 it will be deucted from your next months rent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">