• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord/Tenant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Terri2

I earlier inquired regarding Statute of Limitations on rent recovery in Pennsylvania, and whoever answered assumed I owed the money that I'm being sued for. I do not believe I do owe this money. The landlord tried to change lease terms prior to the original lease expiration, raising rent, changing rental period, etc. I did not agree with his new terms and indicated so in writing, also gave 30 day notice that I was vacating. I did not hear from him for over 5 years. Did he not accept my surrender? Did he have an obligation to mitigate? If a Municipal Judge and the appeals court ruled the time was up, what can I expect from the Court of Common Pleas? Can I recover my legal fees?

HomeGuru

It was I, my dear, that answered your post. If you can't remember my name then I don't remember this post. By the way, do not start a new post when responding. This is not email. Create a thread please.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">