• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord/tenant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

doable

i filled out an application for an apartment, but needed a co-signer in order to qualify. i got approved, went to go sign lease, manager said that the co-signer had to sign the lease also, manager mailed co-signer a guarantor agreement which co-signer never signed nor the lease. only i signed the lease, was given the keys to the apt. i never moved in and returned the keys within 4 days of signing the lease. i tried to work out an agreement with landlord but landlord told me that they were not going to work with me. did the rental agreement ever become legal being that they needed co-signer's signature?

HomeGuru

Yes, the lease became binding on you when you signed it. The lease was not a check that required 2 signatures in order to be legal to negotiate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">