• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord/tenant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angelie

I almost died today of carbon monoxide poisening. The gas company said it was due to a furnace and hot water tank that are not up to code. They have subsiquintly shut down these facilities and are not allowing me to live there. This is just the icing on the cake as far as problems in my appartment have been. Is this grounds for terminating a lease?

HomeGuru

Wow, good thing the condition was caught otherwise you would not be around to post. Carbon monoxide is the silent killer. You can't see it or smell it. Those stories of families dying are very sad. That is why in addition to a smoke detector, every home should have a carbon monoxide detector.

A

angelie

HomeGuru said:
Wow, good thing the condition was caught otherwise you would not be around to post. Carbon monoxide is the silent killer. You can't see it or smell it. Those stories of families dying are very sad. That is why in addition to a smoke detector, every home should have a carbon monoxide detector.
Yeah, well I was the one who purchased all of these things just two short weeks ago, not my landlord!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">