• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord/tenant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angelie

Iwas the one who purchased both the carbon monoxide detector and the fire alarms, not my landlord. I did this just two weeks ago because of all the headaches I was experiencing. Good thing or else like you said I wouldn't writing this right now. So do I, or don't I have a chance of getting out of the lease and getting my security deposit? If so, what steps do I need to take?

W

Wgoodrich

Contact an attorney for a consultation. This would not be a simple move. If the landlord clears the hazards and gets the gas back on in a reasonable amount of time then you could have some problems breaking the lease. I understand you concern for safety but I would use an attorney to protect your rights and wants on this one.

You should be able to break the lease due to the hazards involved but some happening since the dangers were discovered could complictate you breaking your lease. This is why you should have council on this one. It is a little deeper than it looks like on the surface.

Good Luck

Wg

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">