• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord towed vehicle away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KMENARDS

I have been living in my apartment with my 11 year old son for the past two years. During this time I have had several commications from the landlord about various things he does not want, such as "not walking on the grass" (this is NOT a newly seeded lawn!), my son had two friends spending the weekend (10 & 12 years old) and the landlord told them they could not play on the playground equipment because they didn't live there. He then proceeded to ask me to "work with him to keep them away from the apartments." As these were two children that had lived in the building and spent a lot of time at my apartment I knew them to be good kids. There family had been recently evicted due to failure to pay rent. I told the landlord I would not, that the kids were my guests. He was put out by that. A month later I brought a vehicle home that I was planning to sell. I received a notice to remove the vehicle within 10 days or it would be towed. His reasons were that it had expired tabs and had been removed from the property once before. I purchased new tabs and had them on within three days. A month later he tows away the vehicle. I called him and told him if I did not receive my vehicle back by the next evening I would file a lawsuit. Two days later he sent me a notice that he will not renew my lease at the end of january. I am sorry this is so long but I wanted to lay it all out. The vehicle has not been returned to me. Do I have grounds for a lawsuit?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">