• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landscaper damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zddoodah

I'm more annoyed that he agreed to split the cost with me, has been leading me on for months and has now gone silent.
I can sympathize that this is annoying.

We will be coming north anyway so travel expense wouldn't apply as we are already planning to be there.
How long will you be there? It's not like you can file a small claims case and go to trial the same day (or week or even month).

Yes, it not much money but at this point it's more the principle. Someone breaks my door and I'm the one paying for it.
Sometimes stuff happens and there's no one to hold legally liable. Your situation is (potentially) no different than if you were driving on a freeway and a car in front of you kicked up a rock that chips your windshield, and you have to pay to have the windshield replaced. Someone else caused this, but not as a result of negligence, and it's on you to fix it (if you want to do so).

quincy

I can sympathize that this is annoying.

How long will you be there? It's not like you can file a small claims case and go to trial the same day (or week or even month).

Sometimes stuff happens and there's no one to hold legally liable. Your situation is (potentially) no different than if you were driving on a freeway and a car in front of you kicked up a rock that chips your windshield, and you have to pay to have the windshield replaced. Someone else caused this, but not as a result of negligence, and it's on you to fix it (if you want to do so).
The question remains as to whether reds54 has to fix the door because s/he is considered the owner of the door or if the condo association has to fix the door because the association is considered owner of the door.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">