• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lanlord wants trailor moved

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trailortrouble

What is the name of your state?ILLINOIS I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.MY LANLORD WANTS TRAILOR MOVED OFF HIS LOT BRCAUSE IN HIS LEASE IT SAYS THAT THE OWNER MUST BE THE OCCUPANT, WHEN HE BOUGHT IT{THE TRAILOR COURT} I HAD A RENTER IN IT SO HE LET IT RIDE. BUT KNOW THAT MY RENTER HAS MOVED HE WANTS THE TRAILOR MOVED.SO HERES THE PROBLEM I DONT HAVE THE TITLE.WHEN MY HUSBAND AND I DIVORCED HE HAD IT WROTE UP THAT I RECEIVE THE TRAILOR BUT THE TILTLE WAS TIED UP IN SOME LIENS HE HAD ON HIS PROPERTY SO I DONT HAVE THE TITLE. I NEVER RECEIVED ANY PAPERS ON IT FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS EVEN THE TAXES WERE GOING TO HIM. I THOUGHT HE WAS PAYING THEM SO I NEVER BOTHERED WITH IT. OK SO WHEN THE RENTER MOVED OUT AND THE LANDLORD WANTED IT MOVED OFF HIS LOT I TOLD HIM HE WOULD HAVE TO TAKE IT UP WITH THE EX. AND I DIDNT CARE WHAT THEY DID I DIDNTED HAVE THE TITLE I TOLD HIM ABOUT THE LOANS THAT MY EX HAD {KEEP IN MIND THIS TRAILOR IS OLD 1962} I TOLD HIM AS LONG AS HIM AND THE EX WORKED OUT I WOULD WAS MY HANDS OF IT. I DIDNT HEAR ANYTHING FROM EITHER OF THEM FOR A MONTH AND A HALF SO I ASSUMED THEY WORK OUT SOMETHING BETWEEN THEM SELFS. AND THEN I GOT A PHONE CALL FROM THE LANDLORD HE SAID SENCE I WAS THE ONE PAYING THE LOT RENT FOR THE LAST 5 YEARS IT WAS UP TO ME TO TAKE CARE OF IT. SO I WENT TO MY EX, ASK HIM FOR THE TITLE, HE SAID HE DIDNT HAVE IT AND HE HANDED ME A PAPER THAT SAYS THE TRAILOR WAS SOLD FOR BACK TAXES AND IF I WANTED TO REDEEM IT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY 542.24 IN BACK TAXES.OK SO WHAT DO I DO THE EX SAID THAT THE TAXES WERE GOING TO BE TAKING OUT OF HIS LOANS IF I DIDNT PAY. I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE TITLE BUT IT IS IN BOTH OUR NAMES.SO IF SOMEONE DID BUY IT FOR BACK TAXES WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MOVING IT OR TEARING IT DOWN IF I DONT WANT THE TRAILOR? :confused:

Stop

Stop shouting and you may get answers to your problem. please type this over and don't use all caps. Typing in all caps makes it hard to read.

BL

SO IF SOMEONE DID BUY IT FOR BACK TAXES WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MOVING IT OR TEARING IT DOWN IF I DONT WANT THE TRAILOR?
The new owners . Or If new owners bought it , I suppose as long as it's occupied , they could live there .

trailortrouble

Sorry didn't know i was shouting.

I am very sorry if i sounded like i was yelling,This stuff is new to me . Just needed some help.If theres anyone who can help please help me.The landlord who owns the trailor court that my trailor is in keeps calling.I keep telling him that i dont want the trailor and that i dont have the title.All my ex will tell me is that he doesnt have it that the loan plase were he has his property has it.Some times he even has said that he doesnt have it at all.But then he says that his loan place was going to pay off the taxes and just add it to his loan,he said that before anything came up about having to move the trailor.So my ? is what can i do ? And who is responsible.

trailortrouble

Thr Title.

I dont know about the names on the tiltle,I just know that the papers he gave me {My ex}. They were mailed to him and are in mine and his name and they say that the trailor was sold for back taxes.

Last edited:

trailortrouble

trailortrouble said:
I dont know about the names on the tiltle,I just know that the papers he gave me {My ex}. They were mailed to him and are in mine and his name and they say that the trailor was sold for back taxes.
Is there anyone that can help me. I sure would appriciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">