• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lanscaping Contract - Contractor Claiming Job Costs More than Agree To

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ajohnson1234

I recently signed a contract and paid a 50% deposit on a very large landscaping project with a licensed contractor. The project manager started demolition of the existing landscape and all materials have been delivered. Yesterday, a different manager showed up to complete the demo and start installation, but abruptly left and sent an email stating that the previous project manager underbid the job and requested 38% more to continue and complete the job. I feel I’ve been taken advantage of by a bait and switch scheme. I have numerous emails, texts, and design documents that were agreed upon. What are my options? Is this illegal? Fraud? Do I have any legal protections? I am currently waiting for the owner of the business to return my calls. This seems like a very unscrupulous business practice. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Respond to the email telling the guy that you have a signed contract and that you expect them to uphold their part of the contract.

quincy

I recently signed a contract and paid a 50% deposit on a very large landscaping project with a licensed contractor. The project manager started demolition of the existing landscape and all materials have been delivered. Yesterday, a different manager showed up to complete the demo and start installation, but abruptly left and sent an email stating that the previous project manager underbid the job and requested 38% more to continue and complete the job. I feel I’ve been taken advantage of by a bait and switch scheme. I have numerous emails, texts, and design documents that were agreed upon. What are my options? Is this illegal? Fraud? Do I have any legal protections? I am currently waiting for the owner of the business to return my calls. This seems like a very unscrupulous business practice. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">