• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Large Drug Company wants to use pictures of my kids, what are my rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jlhorstme

In Brief: I took face shots of my kids
when young because my youngest was exposed
to chicken pox as the oldest child .
The issue is, one child had a vaccine and
the other did not. I have perfect comparison pictures. I gave these to my Doctor to use for visual help for patients to make decisions. As the picture shows how
awful the pox can get!
Well, a large company wants to
use them for education, ads, website, etc.
What are my rights?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jlhorstme:
In Brief: I took face shots of my kids
when young because my youngest was exposed
to chicken pox as the oldest child .
The issue is, one child had a vaccine and
the other did not. I have perfect comparison pictures. I gave these to my Doctor to use for visual help for patients to make decisions. As the picture shows how
awful the pox can get!
Well, a large company wants to
use them for education, ads, website, etc.
What are my rights?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

What are all of the terms and conditions; e.g. length of time, and how widespread? What have they proposed to you?

You know, the Gerber baby is still alive - - nearly 90, and still gets residuals.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

J

jlhorstme

Thank you for the reply,
To answer your question, the company offered me a one time payment of 500.00 dollars for
both pictures. No time was discussed as
no limit to their usage. Please advise.
Thank you.
Ps.. can you delete my mispelled post?
Kind of embarassed......")

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jlhorstme:
Thank you for the reply,
To answer your question, the company offered me a one time payment of 500.00 dollars for
both pictures. No time was discussed as
no limit to their usage. Please advise.
Thank you.
Ps.. can you delete my mispelled post?
Kind of embarassed......")
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Well, it's better than a "poke in the eye with a sharp stick" I guess. Tell them $750.00, and that they'll only be posted in doctors' offices, "and you've got a deal."

Good luck.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">