• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laser hair removal didn't work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Red Beard

What is the name of your state? KY

I've been receiving laser treatments that are supposed to cause permanent hair removal on my neck. I get really bad razor burns so I thought it would be worthwhile.

This requires multiple procedures. I was originally told it would take 4-6 treatments several months apart to remove the hair. I've had 6 treatments now and I'm still just as hairy as I used to be. Granted, they did tell me at the Dr. office that they don't guarantee results but I don't know if that means anything legally. I am thinking about taking them to small claims court. I've paid $1000 so far and have had to endure 6 painful treatments. Is this a winnable case?

ellencee

Red Beard

So, if I understand this, your goal is to get rid of unwanted neck hair. You've tried shaving, but it left you with bad razor burns. You've paid one thousand dollars for laser treatments to remove the neck hairs. Six treatments later, you still have hair on your neck, so I imagine you had a couple of hundred hairs on your neck to begin with.

Skip the rest of those painful treatments and get rid of that hair quickly and painlessly--buy a bottle of Nair with Aloe and use it.

(I can not type today, so much editing...)

Last edited:
R

Red Beard

If I could do it over I wouldn't have started this. I just wonder if I have a chance to recover what I've already wasted.

ellencee

Red Beard
I don't see a way for you to recoup your losses. You paid for and received treatments that, per your contract, were not guaranteed.

R

Red Beard

There isn't an actual contract that I signed. It seems that by simply offering the service there is some degree of results that are implied.

vrzirn

Some hairs (axillary) are more responsive to laser treatment than those on the face and neck. The follicles on your neck are deeper. What works on some people does not work on others.
You probably have several thousand hairs on your neck and the laser permantly removed a number of them. You cannot prove it did nothing at all unless you counted the before and after. No guarantees. No refunds.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I had the same problem with hair on the palms of my hands. For some people, the hair grows on their palms, while others, it's their neck. My Mom also used to tell me if I didn't stop "it", I'd go blind.

Now, where are my glasses?

IAAL

Last edited:

HomeGuru

I have had much success with laser until the evening of the next full moon when the hair mysteriously grows back.
In fact, I also need to see an orthodontist about the fangs.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

. . . yes, yes. We're just a couple of goofballs. We know.

But, whenever we see a post about hair, or large breasts, well, we go a little nutbaggy. We can't help it. It's who we are. What're gonna do with a couple of goofy guys like us?

Gotta love us !

IAAL

HomeGuru

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

. . . yes, yes. We're just a couple of goofballs. We know.

But, whenever we see a post about hair, or large breasts, well, we go a little nutbaggy. We can't help it. It's who we are. What're gonna do with a couple of goofy guys like us?

Gotta love us !

IAAL
**A: oooooh, large hairy breasts.

signed,
Nutbaggy Goofy Guy

vrzirn

I have seen those large hairy breasts on more than a few men. It must be "a guy thing".
Hairy palms are best treated by eating a tomato and rubbing on "oil of dog". It must be from a a chihuahua.. Rub both on the hairy breasts. If the hair doesn't disappear, maybe the tomato will grow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">