• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Last Paycheck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lhavemeier

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN
I got direct deposit at my previous job but I still have not recieved my last paycheck stub in the mail even though I've called and asked for them to mail it to me twice already. Are they legally required to mail it to me? If so is there a time limit?

JETX

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?I still have not recieved my last paycheck stub in the mail even though I've called and asked for them to mail it to me twice already. Are they legally required to mail it to me? If so is there a time limit?
Did you get your pay??

lhavemeier

Re

Yes I did recieve my pay through direct deposit. BUt I keep all my pay stubs for reference or anything I may need them for.

JETX

Yes I did recieve my pay through direct deposit. BUt I keep all my pay stubs for reference or anything I may need them for.
As long as you received your pay, there is NO legal obligations for them to give you a 'pay stub'. I suggest you continue requesting one. In the meantime, I suggest you calculate what your pay stub WOULD say.... then keep a copy for your records.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If there WERE a requirement for them to send it, the requirement STOPS there. So, if they drop it in the mail during the regular course of business and you never receive it, then they have fulfilled their obligation.

pattytx

Actually, the employer DOES have to provide a statement of earning:

Required statement of earnings
Employers are required to provide each employee with a written
statement of earnings. This statement must be issued at the end of
each pay period and may be in any form desired, but must include:
a) the name of the employee;
b) the hourly rate of pay, if applicable (compensation by methods
other than hourly does not in itself excuse an employer from
payment of minimum wage and overtime as required by
MFLSA);
c) the total hours worked;
d) the gross pay;
e) a list of all deductions (taxes, insurance, union dues, other);
f) the net pay;
g) the pay period ending date;
h) the employer’s legal name and d/b/a if different.
Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry, Labor Standards click on Records and Payments

But we still haven't found out the answers to the questions I aksed.

lhavemeier

I've spoken to the HR manager twice on the phone and she keeps telling me shes going to mail at the next day but that was a week ago and still i've still not recieved it. Thank you to all the replies. I guess i'll just have to keep calling her. Or perhaps talk to someone higher in the company about it.

eerelations

There's no point continuing to speak to the HR manager. If this was me with this problem, I'd call the HR manager's boss and tell him/her about the HR manager's two broken promises, and then I would state that if I don't receive my paystub within five business days, I will contact the MN DOL for assistance.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Why are you talking to HR at all? HR doesn't issue the paystubs. Payroll does.

TinkerBelleLuvr

There are just some things that are better done in person. If possible, might want to consider paying a visit to pick up that paystub.

lhavemeier

Believe me if I could get it myself I would have weeks ago. But they are only open from 8:00 to 4:00 and my new job requires me to work 8 to 5 everyday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">