• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Late fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amarion1

What is the name of your state? maryland

rent was due today and they called me to tell me i was nine dollars short...i could not make it by 5 so the one girl said she would see what she could do about it and told me to drop off the nine dollars at 6 when i get home everyday. when i got there she was gone and the manager is now charging me 5% late fee on the whole amount of rent. want to know if i can fight this or just roll over and play dead. if i had the money i would go get a new apartment!! :eek:

JETX

Seems real ridiculous that they are attempting to do this... but there is probably nothing really wrong with it. I would suggest you review your lease and see what it exactly says about late fees.

In any case, just go by the office in the morning and attempt to pay the $9.00. Don't say anything about the issue and hopefully, they won't either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">