• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Late on Mortgage Payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LostinMI

What is the name of your state? MI

Currently behind on mortgage payment. Plan to make July 15 payment on Sept 2. Plan to file BK on September 16. And then catch up on August & September payments prior to 341 meeting. I plan to reaffirm the mortgage.

Lady from mortgage company tells me that I have to make a payment dated prior to September 1 or they will start foreclosure. Do they do this when you are just barely 2 months behind? She wants me to make the payment by phone.... I figured if I mailed it then they would have it by Sept 1 but wouldn't process prior to the money being in my acct on Sept 2. She said that if I mailed the payment then they would just return the check and start foreclosure?

Does this sound like a scare tactic or do they really operate like this?

What are the chances the finance company will oppose a reaffirmation agreement? Is there a possibility I will loose my home even if I get caught up on the payments prior to the 341 meeting?

pojo2

Ask your BK Atty these questions. On Sept. 2nd you will be 3 months behind in your mortgage. Payments are DUE on the first usually, even though you have until the 15th for a penalty to kick in.

LostinMI

No, my mortgage payment is due on the 15th - not the 1st. So, I will not be 3 months late. I plan to pay the July payment well before it is even 2 months late. I will talk to my attorney to see what she saws also, but thought I would get opinions out here since I won't be able to get ahold of her right away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">