• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Law regarding loans during deployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Honey1955

What is the name of your state? WA
I am looking for the law that discusses that while a soldier is deployed to a combat zone they can't be changed late charges for loans.
Thanks

Veronica1228

I don't know anything about this issue either, but Badapple over in the Military Law Forum might. You could try moving your thread there. I believe you can click on "Thread Tools" above to do that.

crusheroz

I used the Soldiers and Sailors Relief Act when my hubby left back in September. What you will need to do is contact all of your creditors, find out where to send a copy of his deployment orders too. I had a couple of creditors drop our interest rate to 4% and 0% and yes some did state in the letters they mailed out to me that they would waive any late fees. But of course that depends on the creditor. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">