• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawn care

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pepemtnz

I live in Delaware.
My problem is the next, yesterday a lawn care guy was cutting my grass and with the trimmer he hit a stone and this broke my front glass storm door into pieces it cost me about $300 to buy and install it.
The glass replacement is about $150, He denied that he hit the glass and blame it on the amount of rocks that are in the front of my house. I told him that had to pay for the damage and he said it was an accident and he will not pay for it. He said to use my Homeowners insurance but I have a $500 deductible. He kept on blaming that it was an accident and that it could of been the kids walking in and out of the house. Then he turn around and went away.
He could of just said I'll pay in lawn cuts or pay something maybe a part of the damage, but he did not saya word.
Anyway he took off and did not say anything about paying him this gave the immpresion that He did not have a license to operate this bussines or either He did have any type of insurance to cover in case of "accidents".
My question to you guys is:
Should I pay him the cost of cutting the grass? He did not say anything and walked away. Should I pursue this so he can pay
part or all of the damage?
What does the law says I am really clueless?
Thanks Jose

K

krispenstpeter

It was an accident. You know, those kinds of things that happen for one reason or another that are not due to negligence or fault?

Did this 'kid' pick up the rock and hurl it at the door? Did he place the rock on the ground then aim with the weedeater so that it would be propelled towards your door?

Sorry, but the 'kid' is right. It was an accident and the reason you have insurance. Pay the kid and use someone else.

The two, paying the kid and the accident, are not legally joined.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">