• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lawrat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

patti

thank you lawrat...sorry to have bothered you....you are so generous with your time...i too wish you the best of luck passing the bar.. :eek:)

[This message has been edited by patti (edited June 11, 2000).]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patti:
thank you for your opinion....one thing i didn't understand in the last part of your reply...about the attorney preserving this argument?...i'm not sure what this means...so you mean if you can't afford an attorney for appeal they won't appoint a public defender?.....i appreciate the advice about calling the bar.....and really just any advice....the truth is i don't know if my son is gulity or innocent...all i know is he's 20......and he's my son..and i don'
t want to give up on him if he is innocent as he says...he's been in county jail over a year on this..hasn't been sentenced yet...his attorney ..the one i paid....is supposed to go thru that with him.....the thing is...the man won't even call me back....and i'm the one who paid!....it just scares me to have my son's life in his hands..i have only called a few times....it's not like i'm a phone harrasser...if anything..i'm probably better than most clients at being patient...do most attorneys behave this way?....maybe it's like doctors..lol.....even at parties people want your services...for free usually....*s*....thanks again......means a lot that you replied...patti
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

All you know is that he's your son? At trial, was evidence introduced concerning the video tape, the gun, and the money he attempted to steal? Did he place others in fear for their lives? Tell us about his upbringing that culminated in his "need" to rob a bank. Tell us about his upbringing that culminated in his use of a gun? Tell us about his upbringing that culminated in his need to recklessly endanger the lives of others? Tell us about his upbringing that culminated in his need to commit other crimes in the past? Tell us why he is indifferent to potentially killing someone?

I think you really know more about your son than you'd like us to know.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited June 11, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">