• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laws governing unassisted home births

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

UAHomebirth

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Circumstances are beyond my control. What legal risks are there to an unassisted home birth? How can a birth certificate be obtained?

I'm perfectly well aware of the medical risks and I'm not comfortable with them. But in my specific situation, it's a safer bet than being forced to attempt a birth in the lithotomy position. I'm not getting into my medical background, so let's just leave it at that, and deal with what legal repercussions there could be in my state. Thank you.

UAHomebirth

I just checked this (should have done it days ago, I'm sorry!) and wanted to say thank you SOOO much. That link is incredibly helpful! I had been looking via Google and found nothing helpful, and that right there answers all our questions. There wouldn't possibly be laws prohibiting unassisted if the state has a package with the forms necessary, or so I wouldn't think. This does take a load off both our minds here. We are very much grateful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">