• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

laws on emplyee benifit rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ironsjb

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida
my husband recently started a new job. when he asked about insurance benifits, his employer said that they would get the information to him. weeks pass, and still he asks for information. finally his co-worker suggests calling the staff leasing company that the employer is involved with. I called, and asked about benifits, and was told that the enrollment period for my husband was over 2 weeks ago. i asked how were we to know that he even qualified for benifits and when to enroll if no information was givin to the employees. no respose to that question, but open enrollment for dental is all this month. i asked how we were to know of this, no responce. my questions is are their guidelines that employers or staff leasing companies must go by to inform employees of benifits that they might be interested in such as health, retirement and so on. we were never informed of an enrollment date, or the even the type of insurance coverage. our family is currently without health insurance, like so many other americans. any information would be greatly appericated.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You're going to have to clarify something for me.

Is your husband employed by the employer, or by the staffing agency and is contracted to the employer? If the first, how does the staffing agency come into it? They don't necessarily know how the benefit plans run anywhere but their own agency.

S

seniorjudge

weeks pass, and still he asks for information.

I am NOT an employment law attorney, but I have to ask, why did y'all wait so long?

Ask the employer if there will be another enrollment period.

If you sit on your rights, you lose them.

Stand by for other answers.

ironsjb

my husband was employed by the employer who is part of the staff leasing company. the leasing company handles all payroll, benifits, etc. he has only been employed there for a little over a month. he asked about benifits from his employer, who said that they would get the info from the leasing company. after repeatly asking his employer, i called the leasing company, who told me the enrollment period was over, and the next open enrollment would be next may. we asked about benifits, but were never givin the information. and now they say it's too late.

S

seniorjudge

after repeatly asking his employer, i called the leasing company, who told me the enrollment period was over, and the next open enrollment would be next may.

Are you the employee or is your husband?

What did your HUSBAND do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">