• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laws on Solicitations in the Mail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GLLDave

California.

I was not too certain on the category to post this. I presumed consumer law may be relevant.

If a business or person is sending you solicitations in the physical mail, you contact them to request them to stop, do they have to be law?
Is a business required to stop sending you solicitations in the mail when asked?

I was thinking if similarities to the FCC laws with do not call list, anything with mail?

adjusterjack

No, no laws that will help stop the mail.

However, there is the law of the trashcan. Just tear it up and throw it away.

Or do what I do. If there is a postage paid return envelope I stuff it with other junk mail, real fat, and send it back.

Doesn't stop the junk mail but I get some perverse satisfaction that they have to pay the incoming postage when they receive it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">