• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kj97266

What is the name of your state? PORTLAND,OREGON IF ONE PARENT PROCEEDS WITH A CUSTODY CASE AND HAS THE CHILD WITH HIM AT THAT TIME, CAN THAT CHILD STAY WITH HIM UNTIL THE CASE IS DECIDED BY THE COURTS?. NEITHER ONE OF US HAS FULL CUSTODY AT THIS TIME, IT HAS BEEN JOINT CUSTODY SINCE SHE WAS 3WKS OLD UNTIL ABOUT 1 MONTH AGO IN WHICH TIME THE CHILD HAS NOT SEEN OR BEEN WITH THE OTHER PARENT.IN SHORT--CAN ONE PARENT LEGALY KEEP THAT CHILD UNTIL A COURT RULING?.

Grace_Adler

Ok first, just for future reference we're not supposed to type in all Caps on here. Some people also consider that yelling. Just wanted to let ya know. :)

Next, who has physical joint at this time or is it 50/50 .. I think that's also called split custody or shared custody but I'm not sure. If you guys have joint I'm not sure I would think whoever has physical joint would be the one who the child resides with permantly. However the courts do not like it when a person alienates a child from the other parent and if one parent is doing that, in some states that is considered grounds to award sole custody to the other parent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">