• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawsuit concerning a Workman's comp case.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

matroy318

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Michigan.
I was injured at work back in April 2008. Workmans comp has been covering ever bit of it. I was sent to one of their Doctor's two weeks ago and he seen me for ten minutes and said I should have no problem going back too work. I do not feel that way. I had one more visit with the original doctors on the case and they put me on total disability today 12/5/2008. I have now retained and attorney and he said their doctor is paid to do that. I am still in major pain. I have had surgery on my knee and they recommended surgery on my back today. I will probably loose my house and many other items until this is settled.
My question is : Once i win this case for the comp against the insurance company for my employer can I then sue My employer in Civil court or elsewhere for their negligence.
It was that negligence that caused my injury. I will probably never be the same again[/B].

W

Willlyjo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Michigan.
I was injured at work back in April 2008. Workmans comp has been covering ever bit of it. I was sent to one of their Doctor's two weeks ago and he seen me for ten minutes and said I should have no problem going back too work. I do not feel that way. I had one more visit with the original doctors on the case and they put me on total disability today 12/5/2008. I have now retained and attorney and he said their doctor is paid to do that. I am still in major pain. I have had surgery on my knee and they recommended surgery on my back today. I will probably loose my house and many other items until this is settled.
My question is : Once i win this case for the comp against the insurance company for my employer can I then sue My employer in Civil court or elsewhere for their negligence.
It was that negligence that caused my injury. I will probably never be the same again[/B].
No...you cannot sue your employer for negligence unless such negligence was caused by a 3rd party! An example would be like if a machine you were operating caused your injury due to faulty parts...then you could sue the maker of the machine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">