• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawsuit-filing of false complaints

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



In Nov of 1998 I was arrested for disorderly conduct and spent the night in jail. The case was Stricken off,leave reinstate due to the fact that the complaining witness was not in court. The complaining witness had me arrested becaus he (a bouncer at a bar) had an argument with my friend as we attempted to enter the bar where he was employed(in Chicago,IL).
Nothing has happened since the court date.
Do I have a strong case to sue him for
filing a false complaint?
If so when should I do so?

thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential