• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

netta11

Nevada- Can I Sue The Welfare Office? Due to an employee impersonating a supervisor, giving deceptive information and threats.

quincy

Nevada- Can I Sue The Welfare Office? Due to an employee impersonating a supervisor, giving deceptive information and threats.
What sort of threats were made? If you were threatened with physical harm, that would be better addressed by the police.

What sort of deceptive information was provided?

What are your damages?

Suing a Welfare Office worker is probably a better choice than suing a government office.

More facts would be helpful.

Here is a link to filing a claim against a state agency:
https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-041.html#NRS041Sec031

Last edited:

quincy

I'd want to know, though, what actual agency this is. The term "welfare office" is vague. It may be that it was a federal or county agency rather than a state one, and that would make a difference.
Good point. :)

I hope netta11 will return to clarify and to answer the other questions that were asked.

quincy

If you can clarify what welfare office is involved (county, state or federal) and can answer the questions asked, we can perhaps guide you further with more information and some advice.

If this was a state agency, the link provided earlier gives you direction on filing a claim. It is not easy so you will benefit from legal assistance in your area.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">