• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lawyer incompentecy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Texas--The lawyer we hired February, 2000 has repeatedly held up/slowed down the bill of review case and now the enforcement of the child visitation order for my husband to be able to see his child. This last bumble is inexcusable. May 15 an agreement was supposed to have been entered where my husband would not pay child support as long as he did not push for visitation. This was a temporary order to last 60 days. We received notice from the attorney general's office that my husband is $642 in arrears for child support,and we won't be getting our IRS check, but the ex-wife/child will. Come to find out the lawyer has not even filed the papers with the judge and is in NO hurry to do so. What can we do? Can we file the papers ourselves? Deal with the ex-wife's lawyer ourselves? How do we file papers? This should have been a simple case that should have been wrapped up a year ago and several THOUSAND dollars ago. Why is this still going on and what can we do?

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential